Why Crystal Beach Bolivar is the Best Bet on the Texas Gulf Coast
Most people are aware that the Texas Gulf Coast is considered a best bet for coastal resort property compared to the nation’s other coasts including California, Florida and the East Coast. And more are becoming aware that Crystal Beach Bolivar offers the best value on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Why Crystal Beach Bolivar?
- Crystal Beach Bolivar has beautiful oceanfront property.
- Modern utilities just became available: drinkable water, sewer, and Internet in the last two years making high-end resort development possible.
- Modern construction techniques pioneered on Bolivar by Crown Team Texas are proving stronger, yet more affordable resort quality homes.
- Bolivar’s shores are within driving distance of thriving Houston and Dallas’ large retirement population who are seeking a family oriented second home environment.
- Bolivar’s oceanfront property cost less and has a greater potential for appreciation than other resort markets on the Texas Coast based on figures compiled from the coastal MLS’s by TexasGulfCoastOnline.com
- Rental demand exceeds supply based on figures from Swede’s Real Estate, the area’s leading property rental agency.
A second home purchased on Bolivar today can actually pay for itself through rental income while it appreciates in value catching up with the other Texas resort coastal markets.
Watch Houston TV News Special on Crystal Beach Bolivar
Why Invest on the Texas Coast?
Successful investors understand that real estate is a game of probabilities, not certainties, which is why you must look for converging probabilities before you buy in an area. The Texas Gulf Coast checks out on the key items to consider.
Taking action as an investor is imperative, but difficult. What elements and probabilities should you look for?
- An area of strong demographic growth
- A steady, growing, and diverse economy
- An area of increasing retirement population
- New substantial infrastructure changes
- Undervalued markets
- Property with strong appreciation potential
- Good rental occupancy rates
- Properties that renters prefer
Texas Coast is an area of strong demographic growth
Texas is one of three states dominating population growth, and will account for nearly half of total U.S. population growth (46%) in the next 25 years along with Florida and California.
According to the Census Bureau, California and Texas will continue to rank first and second in population, while Florida is set to surpass New York by 2011 as the third most populous state.
Projections show that the top three states will gain 12 million people each by 2030 and most (88%) of the nation’s population growth will occur in the South and West. The top five fastest-growing states in the next 25 years are projected to be: Nevada (114%), Arizona (109%), Florida (80%), Texas (60%), and Utah (56%).
The Texas Coast has a strong, growing, and diverse economy
Do not follow growth, Anticipate growth. A growing local economy is the most important driving force behind property values.
Texas Real Estate Center: The Texas economy continues to surpass the rest of the nation in employment growth rate and job creation.
Texas ranks 12th among all states in personal growth income which is a factor closely related to total economic output. A higher-than-national-average growth rate means the state's economy is growing, and growing strongly.
The Texas Coast is an area of growing retirement population
The population of retired residents will more than double in the next ten years. Affluent retirees have disposable income, also fostering the creation of new businesses tailored specifically to retirees.
The distance between primary and second homes is decreasing according to an on-line survey of 2,053 homeowners in the West. In fact, 58% of vacation properties are located within 200 miles of the owner’s primary residence, and 42% are less than 100 miles away.
While 36 percent of vacation homeowners surveyed are 44 years of age or younger, baby boomers continue to drive the vacation home boom. 77 million baby boomers reside in the U.S. today, and are retiring at the rate of about four million people per year, which, according to Fannie Mae Economist David Berson, will boost demand by boomers for vacation homes steadily for at least the next decade.
The State continues improvements in infrastructure
In May 2006, the Texas Legislature passed a comprehensive school-finance reform that lowers school property taxes by about $7 billion over the next three years.
Galveston Bolivar Bridge Project
TxDOT has moved forward with ferry system improvements including the construction of additional ferry landings and implementation of a priority boarding program that is still under development. These improvements will benefit users in the near term.
To address the long-term improvements, TxDOT is embarking on an engineering study to evaluate bridge alternatives. It will include schematic development for a new crossing of the entrance to Galveston Bay from Galveston Island/Pelican Island to the Bolivar Peninsula.
The proposed bridge crossing will be aesthetically pleasing and will provide a signature gateway for the Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula communities.
The Trans-Texas Corridor project.
Like Eisenhower's Interstate System, the Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) is an ambitious project. But also like the interstate, the Trans-Texas Corridor will become essential to the way Texans live and do business in for many, many years to come.
The TTC will improve the competitive position of the state in the national and international marketplace; it will alleviate congestion on existing corridors and connect our state's communities. When the regions of the vast state are better connected, getting to family or meetings or events in other parts of the state becomes a lot easier, and strengthens the ties between communities.
The economic benefits to Texas from the Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) will be substantial and grow over time, injecting billions of dollars in private spending into the state’s economy and creating millions of jobs, according to a study released today by the Texas Department of Transportation.
The Texas Gulf Coast markets are undervalued
When incomes rise faster than home prices, the market becomes undervalued, enriching the investment environment, helping protect your investment from any real estate bubble and guaranteeing long-term valuation.
Despite a record-setting housing market, prices in Texas are increasing much slower than the rest of the country. Fears of a state housing price bubble waiting to burst are totally unsupported by the facts for the Texas real estate market.
The Texas Gulf Coast properties have a strong potential for appreciation
- The Texas Gulf Coast area has a wealth of new construction projects currently under development and these units should hold their value longer, rent more easily, appreciate better, and be easier to maintain.
- The Texas Coast property values have also benefited from recent increases in energy prices.
- There is a strong demand for Texas Coastal properties from second home seekers countrywide looking for oceanfront property comparable to Florida and California but at half the price.
- The Texas Gulf Coast has increasing interest from vacationers and good occupancy rates.
- The increasing popularity from tourism marketing by the local convention and visitor centers and the improving attractions of the Texas Gulf Coast areas has put rental occupancy at an all time high. - The Texas Gulf Coast offers properties that the vacation rental market prefers: featuring the affordable sun and sand of the Gulf of Mexico.
In Summary, why Crystal Beach Bolivar is the Best Bet on the Texas Gulf Coast
- Resort level oceanfront property will always be a good investment as people are naturally attracted to the lifestyle and associated amenities.
- As we have shown, the Texas Gulf Coast is simply the best value for oceanfront property compared to any other coastline for the foreseeable future.
- The Bolivar Peninsula area is the best value on the Texas Coast in that it offers much lower prices and much greater potential for appreciation.
- Recent infrastructure improvements are just now allowing resort level development and five are underway with modern sewer, water, underground utilities and community amenities.
- Modern construction techniques actually pioneered by Crown Team Texas on Bolivar with the manufacturing facilities on the peninsula are providing resort quality products that not only cost less, but are stronger. They not only meet the Texas windstorm requirements but are also Certified by the IBHS as Fortified … for safer living® the first development in Texas to meet Fortified standards.
- Two of the nation’s largest and most vibrant city metropolises, Houston and Dallas, are in within driving distance to Bolivar’s shores with an unprecedented number of second home buyers nearing retirement.
- Bolivar has strong rental demand that exceeds the supply. Comparable homes rent for more on Bolivar than on Galveston if you can find one during the primary rental season.
- A second home purchased on Bolivar today can actually pay for itself through rental income while your investment appreciates in value catching up with the other Texas resort coastal markets.
- It’s more than an investment on paper; it’s an asset and a lifestyle you can enjoy.
Sample new developments on the Bolivar Peninsula
||Audubon: Audubon Village offers six unique house plans, with amenities to suit your individual tastes. All homes in Audubon Village will have striking panoramic views of pristine, undisturbed Texas coastal prairie, along with magnificent sunrises over the Gulf and beautiful sunsets over the Bay. |
Prices for homes complete with lot from $132K!
||Laguna Harbor: is for those who find refuge at home but escape to the sea. You'll discover numerous home site options incorporating a self-contained, new urbanism philosophy. Whether you prefer to build your own custom home or allow them to create an extraordinary dwelling for you, all of their properties feature an area for private boat docking conveniences. |
Prices from $125,000 to $750,000